Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one at Home Depot about a month or so ago. If I was to rate the blade between 1 and 10 with 10 being beyond my greatest expectations, I'd rate it a 10. These blades are fantastic! :yes: The cut is so smooth, it looks like somebody sanded the end of the board with 600 grit sandpaper. :eek: I watched a company video on YouTube. The guy was talking about the red coating on the blade. He was saying the coating is there to keep the blade quiet; he's right! :eek: When I'm sawing through a 2x4, the only sound I hear is the motor and it's drive gears; the blade itself is silent. :blink:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-7...cular-Saw-Blade-D0724R/100008676#.Uggf29Nety9

·
Registered
292 Posts
I haven't bought any of their circular saw blades, but have been pleasantly surprised at their performance for my table saw. At the time, I wasn't looking to buy any blades, but they had some Diablo blades that they were phasing out, so I got a good deal on two of them. They've run flawlessly ever since.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been using these blades for many years, on my Ryobi Bt3000. As good of cut as with the original Freud blade that came with it, at about 1/3 the cost, and a lot easier on the saw. They will go through a 2x4. For about ten buck, each, The four I have bought, for the last 15 or 20 years, is the best value, I can think of, and no bother for re-sharpening. Have a Diablo, 12"X96th, blade on my Bosch mitersaw. Can't beat it. Bought that 15 years ago, for less than $50.

woodchuck1954
"A Legend in his own Mind"

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
For the $$, I love Diablo blades. I think I have 3 for the TS in different tooth #'s and a few others for the circular saws which I haven't used yet. Based on my usage and their price, I'd have a very tough time justifying the added expense of a higher quality/price blade.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts