Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally broke down and bought me one. As I get older I get tired of loading and unloading my chops saws and tools so I thought this would help.
Instructions are a little hard to follow but still goes together pretty easily. It took me a little over an hour to get it up and working probably could have done it faster with no beer drinking involved. Wheels seem strong and the whole stand is solid when set up.

Goes up and down easily, this is why I got it, I would have given it 5 stars if it was compatible with my other Dewalt stand.
With this stand you bolt the saw on, so no quick change. It would be much better with the Dewalt locking base so you can easily move saws between different stands.
I think the portability will be worth the 200$ price.

Attachments

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I recently bought the Kobalt roller stand as well. The main reason for upgrading from my older basic Skil stand to this mobile one was it that it takes up a smaller footprint in my garage when its standing up for storage. Its a heck of a lot easier to move around by myself as well. So far I love it.

fire65 said:
probably could have done it faster with no beer drinking involved.
I've said that very same thing about of projects in my life. A buddy of mine used to gauge how long a project would take based on how many beers it was gonna be. (ie that looks like a 10-beer project)

Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
The portability would be worth the cost for all of us aging woodworkers.
A few years back I replaced all the trim in my house and I would walk from the garage to the patio with my 12" Dewalt in one hand and my pancake air comp in the other. The Dewalt has become almost too heavy to carry more than a few feet using both hands.
I've assembled 3 Ridgid Herculifts so I think I can tackle this stand........gotta look into one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I thank you two for the reply. I am amazed at every post. 300 people look and have nothing to say. TO you people, this is a forum that runs on input from people.
Welcome to all the lookers that never say a damn thing. 45 looks and ONE reply.
You do know we put a lot of time in doing the project, taking the pics, sizing the pics and then posting them.
THEN 67 people look and do not even take the time to say anything.
You lookers need to get involved.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Don't take it personally.

The number of responses always depends on the amount of interest a thread generates.

Also, if I don't think there's anything I can contribute I don't respond.

The important thing is that the information that you've shared with us will be preserved and because you titled your post properly anyone interested in the subject matter will be able to find it with a search.

Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't take it personally.

The number of responses always depends on the amount of interest a thread generates.

Also, if I don't think there's anything I can contribute I don't respond.

The important thing is that the information that you've shared with us will be preserved and because you titled your post properly anyone interested in the subject matter will be able to find it with a search.

Thank you for posting.
LOL, I never take forums personally. My point is, forums depend on peoples input. They do not work with everyone just looking.
From what I have learned, there are always just a very few people actually posting, the rest just look and say nothing.
Well, if those few people start thinking, humm, this is a waste of my time since no one can even take the time to say anything, forums die. Just my thoughts on this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Most of my larger power tools stay in my basement shop but if that Bosch 12" dual bevel miter saw I have ever needs to be moved more than once a year I'd buy one of these stands also. Damn things get heavier every year it seems these days lol. Awkward to lift as well as the weight so I really see the benefit if they are moved often.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've often thought I should change my user name to "threadkiller" because so often when I reply the thread dies.:smile:
People do respond more frequently to a thread that really interests them and pass by others. But on a forum like this one something of interest can be found especially if the thread contains photos like yours. I'm lost when it comes to adding attachments but I would enjoy being able to.

I would like to see more of your shop especially your dust control system. I'm looking for ways to make mine practical and get the hoses out from my way.

Please continue to post....there are many of us who read every post even tho we don't always reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been considering one of those for my Dewalt miter saw. It's getting a bit too heavy/awkward for me to lift and move around by myself (I'm afraid I'm going to lift/twist wrong one day). My Bosch table saw is on a folding stand similar to that one and I love the portability.

·
Registered
217 Posts
DeWalt ran a promotion not too long ago at the box stores. I bought their 12" sliding compound miter saw and got this stand free. I love it. I can I also mount my planer to it if I'll be running a lot of long boards through it. It probably took me the same amount of time to set it up if not a little less, but I too was partaking in beer drinking :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a Bosch 5312 12-Inch Dual Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw that must weight two tons so I purchased the Bosch gravity rise stand for it. One of the best purchases I have ever made. The stand is great and I can actually not struggle to move the saw (lol) and it takes a much smaller footprint in my garage/shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.