Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these model saws? I am thinking about getting one to use on my Eureka Zone track saw system. The reason I chose this saw is because of it depth of cut at 90*. Per Dwalt's website it has a 2.55" depth of cut at 90*; this less what I lose for the track saw base and track (15/16" per Eureka Zone) will permit me to cut through two thickness of 3/4" plywood making it easy to cut identical cabinet sides. Calculations show I will 3/16"of blade through the double thickness of plywood.

Thoughts or opinions on this saw?

Thanks

George

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
George G said:
Does anyone have one of these model saws? I am thinking about getting one to use on my Eureka Zone track saw system. The reason I chose this saw is because of it depth of cut at 90*. Per Dwalt's website it has a 2.55" depth of cut at 90*; this less what I lose for the track saw base and track (15/16" per Eureka Zone) will permit me to cut through two thickness of 3/4" plywood making it easy to cut identical cabinet sides. Calculations show I will 3/16"of blade through the double thickness of plywood.

Thoughts or opinions on this saw?

Thanks

George
I've got one on my panel saw but don't know the model.

image-2259978103.jpg

I guess it's a DW364. I'm happy with this one. I believe it's the best one they make

Nails only hold themselves.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the 8 1/4 " version of that saw. See the link I enclose. This saw is great. The only one I know on the market that allows you to fine tune the base plate so the blade is in line with the edge of the base, which is critical if you are using the saw with an edge guide. Most circular saws are off just enough to cause tear out in the saw kerf because the front and back of the blade are not in line. The instant stop is a good feature, also, so the blade does not coast when the switch stops.

http://www.factoryauthorizedoutlet....ular-saw-w-rear-pivot-depth-of-cut-adjustment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts