Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Their price goes up and down, depending on what the competition is doing. I've seen it up to around $625. I bought the same model last November on cyber-Monday for $504.99 with an additional $25 DeWalt discount - net price of $479.99. That's the lowest I've seen.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got one myself....paid 225 for it brand new......I did have to buy the tables, but I ended up getting them for 35. Its a GREAT planer...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Has Amazon always had the DW735x for 537.00? If not.....thats a heck of a good price..

That is a great price! I think I paid $499 for mine in '07 with no tables or extra knives and free shipping on a machine that weighs 93 lbs is a plus.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There's actually an issue I'm havimg which maybe some of you could advise on.

A lot of chips are remaining inside and clogging up the cogs at the 4 corners. I have to get in there every few uses and clean it out or the height adjustmemt freezes up.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
679 Posts

A lot of chips are remaining inside and clogging up the cogs at the 4 corners. I have to get in there every few uses and clean it out or the height adjustmemt freezes up.

Any ideas?
The 735 has a fan that sucks the chips away from the cutterhead and ejects them. Make sure that fan is working properly.

·
7,222 Posts

Any ideas?
I read about a similar issue on the forum last year. A person was having trouble with the fan ejecting the debris. Turned out to be a worn shroud on the fan housing. I will look for the thread.

If I recall this was a machine which had not been connected to a dust collection system, although not obvious how this made a difference.

Edit, not finding the thread.

I would remove the top cover, 4 hex head screws. The hex key should be in the cover.
Once the cover is off, long hand tightened red screws to hold on the fan shroud and blade cover. Remove these to inspect the shroud, fan etc, to ensure no unusual wear or blockage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts