Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all. BIG question and favor. Can someone who owns a type 1 DeWalt scroll saw send me a picture of the control module? I was cleaning and lubricating the bearings and (dumb move I know) the unit slipped my grip and tipped over. 4 wires got caught and pulled them off their spade connectors. I have all but one black and white back where they belong.
I know this is a long shot, but I don't know where else to go.
Thanks so much for your understanding.
Best regards to all.
Jim

·
Registered
438 Posts
I own one, but I'm out of town for a week. I would be happy to try helping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own one, but I'm out of town for a week. I would be happy to try helping.
BigCountry79,
Sure would appreciate the help. I just can not figure this thing out and concerned I'm going to destroy the motor or circuit board .
Thanks again,
Jim

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm in Chicago caring for a sick father, so I have no access to my shop for an unknown amount of time. Reply to this thread in a week if I forget and you still need help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear a out your dad. Hope all goes well.
I'll stay in touch.
Thanks agaun,
Jkm

·
Registered
Termite
5,360 Posts
I looked up Dewalt 788 circuit board removal and it showed the wiring...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked up Dewalt 788 circuit board removal and it showed the wiring...
Rebelwork,
I did find a YouTube video showing replacement of the circuit board. Both from Ereplacement parts and fix.com.
Both appear to be the same video. However, when hooking up the wires, his hand is in the way so I can see which wire goes where..
While trying to stop my saw from falling off my workbench some wires got caught and cam off their terminals.
Please let me know where you found the wiring you found.
Thanks so much for the reply.
Jim

·
Registered
Termite
5,360 Posts
The video I seen wasnt either. I'll try and see who it was listed...

·
Registered
Termite
5,360 Posts
I searched "Dewalt 788 circuit board removal"

From youtube "fix.com"

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Try messaging Bob Brokaw on Gwinnet Woodworkers Facebook page. This screen shot of off the video he did on YouTube. It's a Type 2 but maybe it will help.

Vehicle Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try messaging Bob Brokaw on Gwinnet Woodworkers Facebook page. This screen shot of off the video he did on YouTube. It's a Type 2 but maybe it will help.

. View attachment 431580
Dr. Robert,
Thanks so much for the picture. I tried to get a shot of his video but couldn't stop my camera quick enouh to get a clear picture. Mr. Brokaw did respond to my request directing me to his video. But I had already tried.
Thanks again, I really appreciate your effort. Looks like a trip to the Phoenix Dewalt service center is in order.
Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All,
Thanks so much to all who have tried to help with my scroll saw issue. I am not smart enough to know how to tackle this problem. I am, however smart enough to realize this. Therefore my saw now occupies a space at the Dewalt hospital for broken scroll saws.
Thanks again to all that responded.
Regards,
Jim Paskell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts