Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone own any of the cordless 36 volt dewalt tools. I have the 18v set but wondered if it was worth upgrading, although i wondering how much heavier the 36 volts cordless tools really are.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I looked at the 36 volts Dewalts, and decided to try the V28 Milwaukees for a change...all my guys use 18 volt Dewalt stuff..everyones batteries interchange, etc.

Now...I like the Dewalt drill over any other cordless....3 speeds is better then 2, and the fit of the drill is great. The tourque from the Milwaukee can rip your arm out of joint....the recip saw and skil saw are better then the Dewalts.....

Next set will be Dewalt 36, simply because we use a drill so much.....but if you are bnot in the contracting trade, why spend the money? The 18 volts are as good as anyone's stuff, and last well....for just shop and HO, I can't see doubling the money to 36.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use nothing but Dewalt generally. As for the weight of the 2 I am lead to believe the 36 is as heavy as the 18, Lighter then the 24 due to the battery.

I love the currency change between uk and us

I dont think you can beat the 18v impact driver though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got the brand new Panasonic 14.4 lithium ion drill and impact driver.
Dewalt who?
holy cow what an upgrade.
More power than the dewalt 18 volt and half the weight.
Panasonic has the lights, the 3 torque settings on the ipact, the belt clip. the one handed ratchet chuck, and they make the batteries for everyone else.
$359 for both.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ear ya billybob, I love my impact drivers. One of the top tool upgrades ever IMO.

I'm not a brand guy, but I have lost my taste for dewalt tools. I feel that since they have become the "ultra popular" tool, their quality has suffered. But, everyones opinion is based on their individual experiences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts