Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm starting one of my first bigger projects, in order to give myself a decent work space. Currently my investment is low, and I don't have a ton of tools or space, so I wanted to build a shop table that operates much like a large TV table. The legs are hinged at the top and fold the the center, perfectly flat against the bottom of the table when stored.

Where i'm trying to find a good solution is to prevent some of the wobbling / racking when the table is upright. IF I didn't need it to fold away somewhat easily, I would put a few cross braces on it and call it a day, but unfortunately the garage is serving dual purpose for awhile. (the other being parking :smile: ).

I did think about trying to add cross braces that are notched in some fashion so i could simply pop them off when folding the table down, but didn't come up with a good plan yet.

Thoughts are appreciated!
Jay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply Scott, but part of the fun is building it :)
I've already got the sawhorse and door option, but looking to expand, and this is a project i can build with materials i already have, and give me a little more flexibility around the garage.

I am going to put it on casters as well, so i can move around if i want to orient boards in different directions as well, or if i need to operate on only one half the garage, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts