Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I saw a set of plans in Wood Magazine for push sticks that had handles like an old hand saw. I thought this was pretty cool but I would never take the time to make such nice handles for push sticks. Instead I bought four Stanley saw handles at my local farmers market for $3 each and made my own.
DSC03457s.JPG
DSC04558s.JPG
DSC04559s.JPG

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ken.
Did you use glue only to hold the handles to the push stick looks a lot safer then my push sticks ?

Bruce.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruce,

Yes, I used only Titebond II wood glue. I didn't want to use any nails or screws that I could possibly hit with my table saw blade.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dowel idea is a good one, I'd hate to see a handle vibrate off in use. Much safer with some kind of mechanical fastener.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only reason I chose not to use dowels was so it would be easier to replace the base piece if it gets cut up too bad.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Now that is an idea I can use. HOpe you don't mind if ste----- borrow your interesting innovation.

Wayne

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that is an idea I can use. HOpe you don't mind if ste----- borrow your interesting innovation.

Wayne
Wayne,

Go ahead and use it. My patent atourney will send you the bill (just kidding).

I like your signature. My dad was a great woodworking inspiration too (and still is). Not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts