Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Mine (2000 model) has a square opening right under the motor cover, and I just ran ductwork to that. That meant making a cover for that rectangular hole that also had an opening for the ductwork. If your saw has a ramp inside the cabinet that tilts down toward the bottom of the motor opening, I'm thinking that putting a duct into that (the motor cover) isn't going to work very well. It needs to be down near the bottom of that ramp. All this assumes your saw is kinda constructed like mine.......keep in mind, if you put ductwork to the motor cover, every time you need to get inside the cabinet (like for a dropped arbor nut, etc.) you'll have to disconnect it, them open the cover, and reverse everything.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You see in the pic on mine that's a 6" pipe. There's not quite 6" of clearance in the little rectangular opening, so where the pipe mates with that plywood baffle, I had to crush it slighly into an oval. That wasn't easy, I had to heat it up a little. Doing that still gives you the same square inches of opening, so it doesn't degrade performance.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
5" PVC doesn't exist, at least in the thinwall. One of the downsides to PVC is the limited sizing, it's 4" or 6". The DC can be easily change to a 6" inlet by making a new cover using a 6" HVAC starter collar for the connection. I've never bought a Wynn filter, but don not think it comes with a flapper to clean the filter.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Personally I think you're better off that way. Compare the impeller sizes, I'd bet the Griz is 12" and the HF is 10". If true that right there would be a reason to buy the Griz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.