Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Jerry,

I have that exact model number of Unisaw. I believe mine is 1986. Mine also didn't have a motor cover, so I built one. I will see if I can locate pictures of it or I will take some when I get home.
As for dust collection, I haven't gotten around to that yet ( 2yrs ), but since I put the motor cover on, dust hasn't been that big of an issue. Most of the dust is collected inside the cabinet, and I run a shop vac around the outside of the base every week or so. If you look on the base of your saw(mine is in the back), there should be a rectangular piece of metal tack welded on the base (pith?). That is where I plan on putting my DC port when I get around to it. I also plan on duct taping 2 pieces of thin plywood together, the fold them in half so I can slide it thru the louvered access door, and set it inside the cabinet to form a ramp down to the port.
Hope this helps some
Jim

·
Registered
347 Posts
Jerry, here are some pics of my shop built motor cover and the DC port on the back of the base. One of the pics shows the dust that has accumulated around the saw after 3 weeks of medium use.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Toolguy1000,

I haven't put a port on the opening on the base of my Unisaw yet, because I haven't had time, and it just doesn't seem worth it because most of the dust collects inside the cabinet and I just clean it out occasionally.
I will keep my eye on this thread to see what Jerry does, and maybe someday I will rig something up.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.