·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocking all around. It just wasn't very stable.

That being said, the fence was on the left side of the blade and the blade guard was stuck due to poor installation. Maybe their demo was set up by someone who just didn't do a good job.

Curtis

·
4 Grain Woodworking
6 Posts
Delta

Make sure you check the slop on the miter gauge slot. Also measure this. Most accessories for table saws these days are made for a 3/4 x 3/8 miter slot so if your going to be buying or making feather boards, cross cut sleds or anything that needs to fit into the slots on a table saw this could be a big headache. My delta will not work with any accessories that don't use T-nuts which is about everything but feather boards..

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Being a cast iron top saw, I'd be really surprised if it didn't have a standard 3/4" miter slot.

This looks like a hybrid saw and it's weight in the specs is 197 lbs. That's not a lot of mass for a cast iron top saw, though the table extensions look to be sheet metal.

One thing you can usually bet on with stationery power tools in big box stores it that A) The assembly was terrible, or B) even if the assembly was okay, the customers messed with the tool so much that it's all screwed up. So take a look at the base of the tool to see of it's rocking because of an assembly problem or if the frame bolts are loose. It is an odd leg design for this type of saw, however.

I'm waiting for Knotscott to give this one a review.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts