Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old delta contractor table. I recently tried to make some cabinet doors, when I noticed how off my cuts were. I found my blade was not square to the miter slots. I purchased one of those PALS kits and am able to get my blade square with the miter slot (checking with a dial indicator and homemade jig). After I retighten the bolts, I recheck the numbers. So far so good. After I made two or three cuts, I recheck the numbers, and the blade is out of square again. I have been messing with this thing for hours, can't figure it out. I appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will check that next. Another problem I am having is with blade wobble. I have a new Irwin blade installed. When I place my dial indicator against the blade and spin it by hand the needle travels from the zero to .02 of an inch. From what I have read .003 is acceptable. Is there a way to check if the problem is with the arbor or maybe just the bearing.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I will check that next. Another problem I am having is with blade wobble. I have a new Irwin blade installed. When I place my dial indicator against the blade and spin it by hand the needle travels from the zero to .02 of an inch. From what I have read .003 is acceptable. Is there a way to check if the problem is with the arbor or maybe just the bearing.
http://www.newwoodworker.com/basic/tsalign.html

review the "start at the blade" section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.