Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found another place that says they have a delta t-30. It's $210 though with free shipping.

I'm too wishy washy.. Help me decide. Do I need the extra capacity of the vega 40? It seems the reviews give both a good rating but $210 is a premium price. (if they even have it like said)

The vega is $75 more. Or, to keep in my monthly budget, do I buy a biesemeyer fence this month and then wait till next month to buy the rails? Kind of short on time though and I'm impatient.

What to do, what to do?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I really like my biesemeyer fence system . I don't think you can go wrong with either system you go with .
both fence systems have great reviews . There are several guys here have those systems . They love them .
The reason I got biesemeyer fence system , on sale at woodcraft 6 years ago .

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,509 Posts
I'm biased but I would say go with the Biesemeyer. Order at the end of the month and pay with a credit card. Use this month's money and next month's money to pay for it when the bill arrives.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally looked at the Vega site closer. I didn't realize they are located in Decatur IL. I sent an email to see if they have a dealer in my area or if there's a showroom where I can check it out in person. I have a buddy that lives down there, so it would be a nice drive to visit and check things out if I can.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I've heard the Vega is a nice fence. I looked at a T-2 at Lowes, and it seemed ok, but kind of light weight.

I do have a Vega Stock Feeder, which is a roller setup, that does a great job of keeping stock against the fence. I had to adapt it to my Xacta (Bies clone) fence.

If you go to a dealer, or mfg. see if they have any "scratch and dent" fences available. Biesemeyer had them, before Delta bought them out.

If you buy just the Bies fence, you can do what I did, and buy the angle iron rails and 2 x 3 tube at a steel supply yard. About 1/2 the price.

Time to "get off the fence" and buy it!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I finally looked at the Vega site closer. I didn't realize they are located in Decatur IL. I sent an email to see if they have a dealer in my area or if there's a showroom where I can check it out in person. I have a buddy that lives down there, so it would be a nice drive to visit and check things out if I can.
They don't have a showroom, just their manufacturing facility. Call them and ask about going in person; 1) it's a treat to see the site, and 2) they'll give you a deal for buying in person.

I went there not too long ago and picked up a 40; it's impressive. Randy is the guy you'll talk to - he runs the place and is an all around class act, and made me a deal I couldn't turn down. Lots of history at that place.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They don't have a showroom, just their manufacturing facility. Call them and ask about going in person; 1) it's a treat to see the site, and 2) they'll give you a deal for buying in person.

I went there not too long ago and picked up a 40; it's impressive. Randy is the guy you'll talk to - he runs the place and is an all around class act, and made me a deal I couldn't turn down. Lots of history at that place.

I got a response on the email to call a number and extension. Probably the guy you mentioned. Anyway, haven't heard back from him yet. I imagine he's busy if he's the one that runs the place.
So it's definitely worth the drive? I can't pm but if you could drop me an email with what to expect I'd appreciate it. parkerdog98atgmail.com

Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's Randy sending the email to call and it'll be him calling you back. I need your email address to send you an email... but, just coordinate with him a time to visit and discuss purchasing directly from him. He will take care of you.

(The guy runs the place and he literally carried the Pro 40 into my car himself)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
parkerdog98atgmail.com

replace the at with the @

I wonder how amazon sets up their pricing, the price has went up almost a dollar since last night. Wonder if it fluctuates based on wish lists or inventory or what?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.