Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the major pieces of equipment in my shop are Delta machines. However based on availability of parts I don't believe I would buy Delta now. I went to use my BS and noticed that one of the guide bearing was loose and the set screw that holds it in place was missing. I got on Delta's parts site. I really didn't want to order one but I figured it would tell me what size the set screw was. It said the part was not available and did not list it's size. I took one down to Lowes and it's a 1/4" 20 TPI. Now can you believe that Delta machinery does not have a 1/4" 20 TPI set screw in all their inventory? I don't!
Tom

·
Registered
26,984 Posts
I wonder just how long Delta has been putting the screws to all of us. I think they should quit selling tools if they have no intention of offering support. I know I'm done with Delta.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I failed to mention that about 70 to 80 per cent of the parts for the BS were listed as not available.
Tom

·
where's my table saw?
28,745 Posts
remember this guy?

If you can provide me with contact information I will have a member of the Delta team contact you about your Unisaw. You can email me at [email protected]

:blink:

·
Registered
356 Posts
That was me that started all that crap. As soon as you start bashing a company now all of sudden you get some peoples attention. My issue was the amount of "play" between the curved set of teeth on the height adjustment and the worm gear. It would actually cause the whole trunnion assembly to "jump" from the torque of the motor. After a long battle and many "useless" parts later it was never fixed and I ended up selling the saw and bought a 66. "Engineers" at delta said that play in those gears and teeth was designed to elimanate wear on those moving parts. HAHA. Thats BS. I have a 40 year old 66 that has original parts and isnt worn like that. It was clearly a design flaw and they didnt want to own up too it. I would never buy another "newer" delta stationary tool again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts