Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Wanted to get your opinion on this before I bought it. It's a 6" delta professional jointer and 1100 cfm jet dust collector. Got him down to $625 for both. Awesome deal? Ok? Or bad? And a second question, you're building a new shop how many 220 outlets would you put in?
http://fayar.craigslist.org/tls/4267651379.html

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
michaelpugh said:
Hey guys. Wanted to get your opinion on this before I bought it. It's a 6" delta professional jointer and 1100 cfm jet dust collector. Got him down to $625 for both. Awesome deal? Ok? Or bad? And a second question, you're building a new shop how many 220 outlets would you put in?

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I'd say decent deal.....Not a steal....not a bad deal. If you go that route.....i'd really recommend a wynn filter for the dust collector.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ryan50hrl said:
I'd say decent deal.....Not a steal....not a bad deal. If you go that route.....i'd really recommend a wynn filter for the dust collector.
I agree. It's fair prices for that equipment. I have a jointer. What model are you looking at?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SkySkrape said:
I agree. It's fair prices for that equipment. I have a jointer. What model are you looking at?
The only info I have on it is what you can see on that link. Just says it's a 6" delta professional jointer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
michaelpugh said:
The only info I have on it is what you can see on that link. Just says it's a 6" delta professional jointer.
I have a very similar 6 inch delta jointer model 37-190. It doesn't have a cabinet though it's supported by 4 very sturdy legs and is very heavy. It's easy to adjust and fine tune and I get great results with it! I live in Utah and think I got a pretty hot deal as I paid $200 for said jointer it is in perfect condition to boot. Just go have a look and if you think he's asking too much, him and haw and offer him less. Be ready to walk away if you don't wanna overspend if he says no.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny you should ask. Just went to look at them and they both look brand new. He messed up the blades on the jointer, we ran some wood through it and they left a line. But he has a new set of blades for it. They're about 10 years old but hardly used. I took pics of the model # plates which I'll attach. I'm going to need both but just want to make sure I'm getting a good deal which I think I am...

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
toolguy1000 said:
I think $400 is a better estimate of their total value.
So you're thinking $200 apiece? $150 and $250? That seems pretty cheap. Do you think that's all they're worth?

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I think 400 for the set would be a steal....500 a great deal....625 not a bad deal....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I bought them. Thanks everyone for your opinions. I felt the same way. Not an incredible deal but not bad either. Haven't had a chance to put them through their paces yet...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The jointer has been awesome. So glad I got it. Haven't had a chance to really set up the dust collector yet but have used it several times around the garage and it seems pretty awesome too. Can't run it and the jointer at the same time without blowing a fuse lol. But that will be solved soon. We're moving and I'll have a shop wired up specifically for my tools. Very excited.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
if the DC doesn't have a "vortex cone"(Jet speak for their version of a drum ring baffle), adding a baffle (thien, frying pan, wok or any other "dome" shaped object) to the drum ring will greatly improve the routing of collected material to the collector bag and away from the filter. This will help keep the filter cleaner longer and provide more of the collector's rated performance on hand longer. here's what i did to my delta 50-850 (very similar to your Jet):

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/40189

·
Registered
164 Posts
I made a video recently about a custom made aftermarket vortex cone I made for my jet 1.5 DC. it's worked great since the retrofit and in super happy with how efficient and effective it is! If you'd like to see how I went about it, take a look at my video at the link below. I hope this helps!

http://youtu.be/r22bcXf3zQA

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SkySkrape said:
I made a video recently about a custom made aftermarket vortex cone I made for my jet 1.5 DC. it's worked great since the retrofit and in super happy with how efficient and effective it is! If you'd like to see how I went about it, take a look at my video at the link below. I hope this helps! http://youtu.be/r22bcXf3zQA
I'll check it out!

·
Banned
382 Posts
Since nobody seems to have addressed your question about 220 outlets, I'll do that. If I were building a new shop, I'd have a 220 outlet right next to every 110 outlet, which would be every 5 feet on every wall. It's better to have too many outlets than too few.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Miller Woodworks said:
Since nobody seems to have addressed your question about 220 outlets, I'll do that. If I were building a new shop, I'd have a 220 outlet right next to every 110 outlet, which would be every 5 feet on every wall. It's better to have too many outlets than too few.
I agree times a thousand percent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts