Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a Delta DP-400 drill press and was wondering
if anyone could help with this. It will not shut off.
I have had the switch apart and cleaned it and it worked all right for a while.
Now it won't shut off . I have to unplug it. Has this happened to anyone else here?
I know I could just buy a new switch but it is not that old (about 2 years).
Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think that's a sign that your drill press is under utilized. It is jealous of the table saw and feeling very neglected and wants to be used.:laughing: Unless you unplug it and it still runs, then it falls more into the realm of demonic possetion. Did you ever see Maximum Overdrive?? It's kind of like that, only with power tools. (Sorry Geoff, I know I'm stealing your smart @55 thunder but I couldn't resist). How did I do?

Seriously, I'd just buy a new switch. You could monkey with it and actually make it work but you'll never know for sure if it will do it again. When your drill bit gets stuck in a piece of wood and turns it into a spinning helicopter blade the last thing you want is a power switch that might not work. Play it safe and replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm, A jealous drill press . :laughing: Well, I'll put an end to that!:shifty:

Thanks Ken. I just checked for a new switch and found that they now have a replacement for my "obsolete" switch .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts