Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife inherited a Delta 46-700 lathe from here dad. I am trying to find a face plate and chuck since it came with nothing but the threaded drive center. Will most aftermarket plates and chucks fit or do I have to find a specific brand? When I looked at several online lathe suppliers they don't tell you what makes and models fit. Were just getting started in turning so don't want to spend a bunch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Can you translate "#2 Morse taper in head and tail stock and is 1 in. by 8 tpi 1 in. by 8 tpi"? I have no manual for the unit so most am a little lost. Would a aftermarket have these sizes listed?

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Aftermarkets will have those specs listed they're the standard taper size and standard thread specs.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The threads on the spindle in the headstock are 1"x8 tpi. So the spindle is 1" thick. The #2 MT is the size of the taper of the Drive center and live center that fit inside spindle of the headstock and the ram of the tail stock.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Any faceplate or chuck with 1"x8 thread or no.2 morse taper will fit in the head stock, also you will need a live center with a no. 2 morse taper for the tail stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts