Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a delta 43-505 shaper router that I have had for years and use every now and then. I have done a mod to it, the table top broke so I made a wooden top that is hinged and lifts up and added a straight fence. Simple, cheap effective repair.

Doing a small project and noticed that the drive belt is beginning to fray so looked to order a new belt. They are available no place and saw posts saying it was unavailable since 2008. Also read where someone had replaced it with a Hoover vacuum belt, but no part #.

Anyone found a replacement belt that works and have a description, part #?? Any suggestions, ideas or thoughts greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If it’s a standard v-belt take it to an auto supply store. They can measure it and get you a same size replacement.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If it’s a standard v-belt take it to an auto supply store. They can measure it and get you a same size replacement.
It uses a flat belt.
Font Automotive tire Jewellery Auto part Circle

With out a belt number (not a Delta part number) , best thing would be trial and error to match up a size that will drive your shaper.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to find places to match up belts today. This is a small flat belt, maybe 15 inch total length. Guess I could add an idler pully?

·
Smart and Cool
2,455 Posts
These don't match up to your machine exactly, you might see if the seller would provide some measurements

When I was searching for the belt's part number I also found this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't remember the name but I believe I got it on Rockler, if it matters its redish.
Interlocking piece belt, just order a little long then remove the links to fit and its quite too, have had mine on my Delta contractor for 10-15 yrs. and its not a vee belt

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts