Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the Delta 31-484 floor model spindle sander? Something is quite strange, as I've searched and searched and cannot find even a single review of this machine. I'm hopeful the spindle changing on this machine is better than the Jet, Grizzly, Shop Fox, General, etc, which are all essentially the same machine with different paint and tops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing but crickets. Really unbelievable that there is zero information about this machine other than what Delta has put out through press releases and product description!

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
I have the bench model. Changing spindles is not a problem other than remembering that the bolt is left hand threads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
delta spindle sander

I have also looked for reviews to no avail...

I am very close to purchasing anyway since I still believe Delta makes quality at certain levels of equipment. I purchased the 18" drill press last year and couldn't be happier.

I am planning to pull the trigger on the 31-484 within the next month.

FWIW... if there were mass negativity towards this machine, it would be searchable, given the fact that human nature precludes us to complain four times more when unhappy than we'll compliment any experience/product etc., when happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really good point Redsoxfan. Just really surprised with all the hype over Delta's new sanders that they didn't ensure some credible sources tested and reviewed (Fine Woodworking, Woodcraft, etc). Anxious to hear how you like it. Especially interested in how easy/difficult to change out the largest spindles as all other OSS's seem to be terrible in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts