Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to upgrade from an old Harbor Freight 10" miter that has way outlived its purpose and was looking at all of the latest and greatest miter saws out there. Originally I was leaning towards the Dewalt 780 as it seems to be one of the best reviewed for the price (Kapex is out of my price range) but the Bosch glide appealed to me more as I have limited space. The one thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on the Bosch was its limited cutting capacity at 90deg and today while browsing Amazon I found the Delta 26-2250 with an 18" crosscut. This saw has 0 reviews and is currently out of stock. Google search for the model number only brings up Amazon and the Delta Machinery website.

Does anyone out there know how this compares to the Bosch GCM12SD? I've had good results with Delta in the past, currently have their 36-725 10" table saw, so maybe I'll bite the bullet knowing Amazon is great for returns if it turns out to be a dud but figured I would ask for some sort of consensus.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I've been looking to upgrade from an old Harbor Freight 10" miter that has way outlived its purpose and was looking at all of the latest and greatest miter saws out there. Originally I was leaning towards the Dewalt 780 as it seems to be one of the best reviewed for the price (Kapex is out of my price range) but the Bosch glide appealed to me more as I have limited space. The one thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on the Bosch was its limited cutting capacity at 90deg and today while browsing Amazon I found the Delta 26-2250 with an 18" crosscut. This saw has 0 reviews and is currently out of stock. Google search for the model number only brings up Amazon and the Delta Machinery website.

Does anyone out there know how this compares to the Bosch GCM12SD? I've had good results with Delta in the past, currently have their 36-725 10" table saw, so maybe I'll bite the bullet knowing Amazon is great for returns if it turns out to be a dud but figured I would ask for some sort of consensus.

I don't have one but go ahead and buy it so you can post if good or bad LOL

I like the 18 inch crosscut, my old Delta RAS is 15 1/2 inch cross cut, many times I wished I had a couple more inches (My wife has had that wish too but in different places LOL)

·
Interested Observer
1,210 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a yet to be released saw.

Looks like a nice feature set. Lets face it, A new saw purchase like that will last a homeowner a decade or two. Spending a bit more for a saw that has a feature you want could be worth it.

In answer to your original query I doubt anyone knows anything about it. There isn't any YouTube reviews either.

Good luck whatever you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.