Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an auction this past weekend for the closure of a 60 year old lumber company. Suddenly an old Delta table saw comes up, I bid and get it for $40. It has no motor, but the blade gearing/bearings feel solid.

The tag doesn't refer to it as a Unisaw, but it is that style - enclosed stand with a cast iron base. The tag says "Delta" and below that "Rockwell". Curious of this gives a hint to its age?

The worst part is the missing motor. Looks like all the mounting brackets are missing. But whenI look up replacement motors, it appears they come with mounting brackets. So my question is, do I need to only look to actual Delta replacement motors, or can I purchase mounting hardware to use on a alternative style motor?

And any recommendations for a source for parts?

Hopefully, this will be worth the restoration. I hate to give up on old but good equipment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get out the camera and get some pictures. But it might take a while since I'm in the middle of moving to a new place. The saw will replace my dad's old Craftsman from 1954! If all goes well, a new shop space, new table saw, new projects to build!

I did check out vintagemachinery and other sources. I think this saw is from the early fifites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts