Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this for my father for Father's Day and never got around to posting the pictures. But with deer season coming up fast I thought I would.

It's made with 5/4 red oak and 1/2" walnut for the scroll work. Finished with poly.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is nice! I like the design and the fact that it is like no other plaque mount I've seen before. Nice job in the scrollwork as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I will have to show this to my son. He mounted several skulls on cypress boards, but not with hangers or scroll work.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Travico said:
I will have to show this to my son. He mounted several skulls on cypress boards, but not with hangers or scroll work.
Have any pictures? I like seeing the different mounts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is really awesome! I like the fact that if you have more guests with coats, there's always the antlers (just kidding) :laughing::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
BigJoe16, I do have some pictures, and I think they are on Facebook. I will get them and post them or I will take some with my camera. It may be a while, but I will get them.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Travico said:
BigJoe16, I do have some pictures, and I think they are on Facebook. I will get them and post them or I will take some with my camera. It may be a while, but I will get them.
I'd appricate it!
Google search pictures are only so good.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Here are some pics of the deer and squirrel mounts at my sons house. I made the deer mounts and he did the squirrel. Some of the pics are a little blurry.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts