Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am embarking on boarding up the bottom half of a nice brick building front in a downtown area. I am in need of suggestions to get everything connected right and I would really appreciatie some design help!
I am a wood worker at heart with a intermediate shop in my basement where I make stuff for my family. This is for a project I happened upon while doing a halloween festival with my family.

· The Nut in the Cellar
2,000 Posts
Pictures of what you are working with so folks can offer assistance.

· Registered
29,471 Posts
I am embarking on boarding up the bottom half of a nice brick building front in a downtown area. I am in need of suggestions to get everything connected right and I would really appreciatie some design help!
I am a wood worker at heart with a intermediate shop in my basement where I make stuff for my family. This is for a project I happened upon while doing a halloween festival with my family.
I don't believe I've ever seen anyone board up a building decoratively. It's just something to keep vandals from breaking the windows out. I think the most I would do is use nice plywood and paint it about the same color as the brick. If the windows are wood you might just use screws to fasten the plywood. It would just make small holes easily spackled when the time comes to open the building again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts