Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I don't know how to say this without offending other than this is my opinion (and they are like belly buttons everybody has one). I personally liked the very first version. It was mostly acoustic and you said you had a cold, I thought the vocals sounded sincere, I listened intently. I said I was not a country music fan :no:, but liked it very much for the prose.

I dug the pick sound and a guy telling me a story, which you did. I think this is relative to woodworking in a way. Sometimes I make something and think, "hey I could make it better", I usually lose my original pure idea and am not as satisfied.

Not at all to divert your thread, but here is an example of simple (?) pickwork and voice. A masterpiece in my opinion.

Here is what happened when he tried to "improve" it (watch at your own risk, it makes me want to throw up
)

On the positive side I really liked your first recording, I hope you held on to it, it was very good.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how to say this without offending other than this is my opinion (and they are like belly buttons everybody has one). I personally liked the very first version. It was mostly acoustic and you said you had a cold, I thought the vocals sounded sincere, I listened intently. I said I was not a country music fan :no:, but liked it very much for the prose.

I dug the pick sound and a guy telling me a story, which you did. I think this is relative to woodworking in a way. Sometimes I make something and think, "hey I could make it better", I usually lose my original pure idea and am not as satisfied.

Not at all to divert your thread, but here is an example of simple (?) pickwork and voice. A masterpiece in my opinion.

Here is what happened when he tried to "improve" it (watch at your own risk, it makes me want to throw up
)

On the positive side I really liked your first recording, I hope you held on to it, it was very good.
Point taken Daren....and yes,I did save the original!;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
To be honest...I didn't listen. From experience don't release ANYTHING if you plan on re-mixing. Just an excuse to give yourself doubts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts