Woodworking Talk banner

Dayton Sander 6x48 Belt, 9 Disc

Tags
sander
7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dodgeboy77 
#1 ·
Anyone familiar with this sander? I've been watching CL for a 6x48 belt sander for over a year now. I've seen several older Craftsman units go for $100-150 locally. Any thoughts on how this would compare to those? I know Dayton is a Chinese brand sold through Grainger, but I don't have any experience with the brand. Interested to hear if anyone has experience with this model or other Dayton sanders.

#3 ·
I've had two of the Sears 6x48" belt sanders with the 9" disk- one at work a while back and one at home now. I got the one I have now off CL for cheap: $75 IIRC.

Once set up they are not industrial quality but work fine. I had trouble getting the belt on mine to track okay but finally realized that I wasn't putting enough tension on it. Some guys will wrap a loop of tape around the middle of the roller to help the belt track.

Another tip is to make sure the pulleys don't work loose from the set screws backing off.

I have no idea of the quality of the Dayton.

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.