Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a Dayton table saw in good condition. The only thing that was missing was one of the clamp parts in the fence. The fence has a post that runs from the front "handle" end to the rear of the saw where it engages one clamp. The other clamp mechanism (on the handle end) is missing- all that remains is the end of what appears to be a bolt w/ a nut on it that moves when the handle is moved to the clamped position. There is a hole across the houseing where it looks like a piece was pinned in and I am guessing a simple cam type motion moved a hooked dog to engage the fence. What I am looking for is a photo of these parts, parts diagram, or anything else that would help me recreate the pieces I am missing. The fence itself has no name brand/serial # or any distinguishing marks. It is aluminium channel and has a system of three small rollers that engage in three of the faces of the guide rails of the fence. Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks in advance.

As an aside- anyone used a Dayton saw like this and opinions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually made a part with the help of my father's Brideport and some steel that was laying around. I should take some photos and post them up here. Basically made a part that was nearly the same as the other side, but with the correct dimensions to fit where the original was missing. Was able to pin it back in with a pin we made out of some stock. It works great now and the saw is back in use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts