Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to buy a rigid for 369, but also considered PC and c man because they were cheaper and I love the tools I have of theirs. My app for sears showed their 12 1/2" 300.00 model was on sale for 289. So I went to sears to look at the floor model after reading decent reviews and hoping they had stuff marked down. They had it marked down to 256 and I bought the last one and got the 2 year warranty just incase. I did hear there's some snipe but can be sanded off if you do a fine finish. Since I needed one to plane mill cut stuff for my small projects I figure I'll just plane the board and cut off the snipe or if it's a finished piece finish it off since everything i do gets a fine finish. Most of the stuff I make is jewelry boxes and home items not any furniture yet. So it seemed like a good deal. Also scored this clock for my shop at half off which made it 14.99

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stevedore said:
Seems like a good deal to me. I have a Delta that snipes; I just allow for the waste when I'm cutting my stock to length. Still come out ahead moneywise compared to buying surfaced stock.
Yeah it saves a ton of money to be able to plane my own stuff. I picked up some 8/4 African mahogony 4/4 maple and cherry and planed it all down. It was nice to be able to buy that amount of wood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts