Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
27,870 Posts
not directly

But a former member here was going to take his class and was very excited about it. He is very into fine furniture and was not challenged by the level of work he saw here.... he didn't say that exactly, but in so many words, that was the inference.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I've seen several posts of folks who took his classes, and were extremely happy with them. But some of the classes taught were (at least to me) some fairly basic stuff like doing bent lamination's.....which made me wonder if they were they're more for his celebrity status than the actual training/learning experience. Also, a few of them made furniture for a living, so they got a tax write off for the class. Regardless, I'd like to take one for the experience and I've not seen anyone that went post that they were a waste of time.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I always enjoyed his teaching style on the DIY network. From the tv he seems like a likable guy. He is very artistic and a very good woodworker.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I always enjoyed watching his show "woodworks" on the DIY network. I expressly enjoyed the episode where he interviews James Krenov. From the tv, he seems like a likable guy. Very artistic and an excellent woodworker. I think I would enjoy one of his classes. I wish that we had the classes and wood available in the northwest down here in the Deep South. I am hoping to get in on one of Firemedic's classes this fall.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I always enjoyed his use of exotic woods in his work as well as some underused and more obscure technics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I signed up for the inlay class and will be taking at the end of this month, looking forward to it. He is in the next town over Santa Rosa so close is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts