Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
joasis told me about this little forum awhile back, but I got busy and forgot about it. Thought I would pop in and say hi. I added some pictures to the gallery, I might have done something wrong. I tried to start my own album and it looks like it says "main", oh well me and computers only get along so well. I am not near the wood worker some of you are, but I have a ball in the wood shop and with my sawmill. I will keep hacking till I get good at it. My main love is funky wood...curly, burl, spalted,WIDE...whatever I am just not turned on by straight grain plain wood, it's everywhere. I want some different, so I seek out the ugliest tree I can find and cut it open. If it is not wild enough yet I bury it for a couple years and see if that improves it's looks. I just got sick of humping $1 bft wood off that mill when I realized $10+ bft wood was the same work:laughing:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the site Daren. I'll take a look at the photo settings to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks for joining!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the Forum stuff but will try to get some of my woodwork pic up in the next few days. Nothing spectacular, like Daren does. I wish I had half his talent.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. Wow I thought I was in a time warp, a reply to my first post here from 10/14/06 :eek:.
If you had "1/2 my talent" like you said...you would still only have about 1/4 of what some other guys have around here :laughing:. Stick around, maybe we can learn together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts