Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly thing followed me home - but it's gonna sit in the garage until a couple more projects are finished - drill press restore, table saw/router table, etc.

Will need a lot of work - head stock has no threads, the tool rest is home made, (wonder what happened to the original?), and tail stock will need some work. Guess I'm just a sucker for old stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Tensioner for the belt i would think. The motor sits on the panel and theweight of it causes tension to the belt.
Yes, I use the same system on my old Craftsman. I had an old Craftsman as a teenager that had the same headstock and the drive center locked on with a setscrew, good luck finding one.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, I lied.....

It didn't wait for the other projects. Grandson was so wanting one, so, did what I could to make it functional on a budget. Made a spur center to fasten on to the headstock, cobbled up a couple pulleys from the junk box to make it a two speed, and swiped the motor from the little benchtop bandsaw waiting rebuild.

Gave it a new top, fixed the tailstock lock, couple other minor fixes. Also made a mandrel for pen turning along with an adapter for the tailstock to hold the mandrel, and another smaller tool rest. Should keep him out of mischief for a while. Naturally I had to give it a test...... :icon_smile:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.