Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a project coming up involving 23 pieces of plywood consisting of 8 different sizes. Is there an online application that would provide a cutting diagram to maximize the amount of pieces I can obtain from a plywood sheet? Or do I have to use the paper and pencil method?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify. I have noticed a number of cutting diagram apps out there. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Ideally a free app.

·
John
3,028 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Nice to have someone come back once in awhile and let us know how things worked out. I'm still on the hunt for a better one. Sketchup used to have one but since google sold it off that program is pretty expensive. :censored:

·
Can still count to 10 yea
76 Posts
jschaben, Which program got expensive? As far as I know, you can still get sketchup for free, and if you google cutlist for sketchup, you can find that for free as well. Here's a link for a cutlist download

cutlist.googlecode.com/files/cutlist4.1.5.zip

Sorry if I misinterpreted something you said about this.

·
John
3,028 Posts
jschaben, Which program got expensive? As far as I know, you can still get sketchup for free, and if you google cutlist for sketchup, you can find that for free as well. Here's a link for a cutlist download

cutlist.googlecode.com/files/cutlist4.1.5.zip

Sorry if I misinterpreted something you said about this.
Hi darins - that's good to know. I had a computer meltdown a month or so ago and lost sketchup. Trimble sketchup sells for $500. I'll have to check some more for the free version.

·
Hobbyist wood-butcher
1,585 Posts
I have used cutlist for MANY years, but recently was turned onto Maxcut. It is definitely more user friendly. There is a free version, too.

I think I saw many guys that subscribe to Woodworking for mere mortals talk about it on his facebook page.

Try it out... I really like it.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated, involved with, work for, cut the grass for, collect the garbage for the people that have developed the program :blink: :no: :huh: :laughing:...... Just a happy consumer that uses it occasionally. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
New member, looking for a program like this Thanks for the reference to Maxcut - I just tried the free version, and I will keep it. Id does everything I wanted and a LOT more!

GCP

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
New member, looking for a program like this Thanks for the reference to Maxcut - I just tried the free version, and I will keep it. Id does everything I wanted and a LOT more!

GCP
Cutlist Plus is free, but limited. It should work for your project. Enter your sizes and it will layout the cutlist for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts