Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
After getting a good RAS, I haven't used my cut off saw. crosscutting long boards is the main use. Making dados, can be a lot faster than on a table saw.
I have a very small shop, but wouldn't give up the ras.
After changing the arm from 90 degrees, it takes me about 2-3 test cuts to get it square again. Maybe 1-2 minutes tops. Not a big deal. Once set, it stays set.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
NetDoc.
Imho you would be far ahead of the game if you trashed that ras. I've had quite a few CM ras's and I rate that model at the bottom. The best ones were made in the 60's and 70's. It's a shame the 60's and 70's models are some of the ones they don't make a recall kit for, and give people $100 to send the motor in. They are well worth keeping, without the extra safety guard, but many are being trashed for the $100 recall.

If you find one that has a motor that looks like this, it's one of the best ones. Btw, the motor has a flat bottom, with a threaded holes, and is perfect to attach a router to the end opposite the blade.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.