Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
You have a big place as compared to my one car garage with a lot of stuff stored in it and some woodworking tools.
I am finishing up a miter saw station and so far, it has worked out great. I put the Kreg precision measuring system on it.

I still have to finish up the cabinets and put the drawer fronts on.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
@netdoc...just simple casters with brakes on 4 of the eight wheels.

I built two cabinets and then built a version of the Ron Paulk miter saw station. Then I bolted the three pieces together. The casters make it easy to move around so I can get behind it if necessary. Next up is to route the piping so my miter saw, and a couple of sanders can be hooked up to the shop vac/dust deputy.

Note: The Kreg measuring trak really makes it easy and quick to make repeated cuts without measuring each board or setting up a manual stop block. When I am building one of my coolers, I need several sizes and the flip stop top blocks an the fixed production stop allow me to set up the lengths needed and then I simply choose which one that is needed as I cut then from a board. That lets me quickly use the good parts of the boards and cut out the bad pieces thereby maximizing the wood by using the various lengths available with the stops.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
@NetDoc - I now have my router table attached to the left end of the miter saw station. Wow what a pleasure it is to be working at a raised height...no more bending over to operate the router. And that gives me an additional 32 inches for boards to rest on when using the miter saw.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Here is the router table setup. I used some metal angle fro HD to make a bracket so I can remove it if needed.

I just mounted the start/stop switch. It was on clearance at Lowe's for less that $4. I couldn't pass it up. And it has two places to plug in tools so you can start you router and the shop vac with the paddle switch. The only drawback I see with the switch is it is made to be bolted to the thin metal leg of the Kreg router table stand. Fortunately, I had a piece of aluminum angle that fit just right. Four holes later and it was a done deal. :)

Note: The pull out tray is for my air compressor which is being used in the back yard today.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.