Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
As an old audiophile and a bit more than novice w/w; be SURE to leave LOTS of air circulation capability- similar to 'sticking' lumber for air drying, only more so. Looks like reasonably good quality equipment, so needs lots of air circulation for cooking. And, a reminder to keep front glass doors open during actual use. Additionally, I'd recommend bigger rear access ports in the back for unexpected but relatively often wiring access and changes in cables and even equipment. This happens often, despite contrary opinions. Additionally, the unit should either be on casters of some sort, or each of the components on full extension slides/shelves. Been doing this since the days of Fisher kits and the first Sony reel-reel consumer tape recorder said

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the earlier typos. Access and cooling are of primary importance, hence the glass doors warning, and the slides/casters suggestion. I probably build a new cabinet once each decade, as components change, and prior to building each new one I go through many cable changes for several years preceding. Your basic design looks clean, neat, and simpl[y] attractive. Kind Regards, please keep us updated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.