Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started this project almost a year ago in shop class, a challenge from a friend. Slowly working on it and recently I decided to start showing it off more so this is why it is here!!

Yes it is what you think it is. A scaled up version of a Kimber 1911 pistol. Plus, the mechanics work. The slide, hammer, and trigger all work (pic is a little out of date). Weighs 50 pounds, haven't weighed it since I put Aspen grips on it. More pictures are on my Facebook page, I am still getting the website together, that will be up shortly with even more crazy custom work. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Neat project!

Are you gonna make a working magazine? How about some ammo, would be a good lathe project too; bullets, primers and cases. Maybe some of the turning shavings for "powder"...

Looking forward to more pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neat project!

Are you gonna make a working magazine? How about some ammo, would be a good lathe project too; bullets, primers and cases. Maybe some of the turning shavings for "powder"...

Looking forward to more pics. :thumbsup:
I might do a magazine on the side. The magazine slot, from the beginning was how I was going to get it to stand up and get the inner workings in it. I am going to do a casing also. A friend of mine has the Digital Woodcarver CNC, So I can put my name on the bottom of the case and such. It's been a fun one for sure :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's cool...looks like a fun project. Are you going to sell it? You may be able to get quite a bit from the right buyer.
I think I'm going to keep this one. Mainly for references on what I did as well as... I really like strapping it into the back of the truck and driving around with it. Turns heads for sure :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
needs a laser site :)
It's getting a mag light for the rail eventually. Not sure about scope yet. I had originally planned on getting a real paintball gun hooked up inside it. Scope being the hopper, barrel and mechanics would go in the barrel (yes there is room), then 4 20 oz tanks in the grip. But then I realized how the heck would you hold it to aim? So it still might get a laser :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Irony about this project...

There is a slight bit of irony to this project about the sights that it has. Since the sights are referred to as "iron sights" the sights are indeed made of iron wood. Front sight not attached yet just thought I would share. Also one more pic with the real gun laying on the extractor port.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.