Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to show off my latest project. This was just built and installed in a basement remodel I have been doing for a customer. Tile work also by me.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's what my hubby calls me, "yummy mummy" ;)

Only when I want to buy another tool, he sometimes doesn't think I am so "yummy".

(I am presently renovating my basement) My husband is DIY challenged. I am at the other diy forum.

My only experience with woodworking is cutting my 2X4s for my framing. :laughing:

But I love seeing the work you guys all do here. :yes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In case you are wondering. What looks like a 2x4 against the wall is actually there for a scribe piece. A file cabinet is going under this and up against that wall. This allows the file to sit flush up against a vertical surface. without disturbing the moulding. The scribe is cut around the moulding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My original design for the bookcase called for moulding down both dividers. Customer deleted it until after I was done. Here is the actual finished product now. Notice how the shelf lines are now hidden.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
In case you are wondering. What looks like a 2x4 against the wall is actually there for a scribe piece. A file cabinet is going under this and up against that wall. This allows the file to sit flush up against a vertical surface. without disturbing the moulding. The scribe is cut around the moulding.

Nice work.:thumbsup: Man you had me worried with that chunk of 2 x 4.:huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts