Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an ornament I just turned. It is an inside-out turned maple ornament with a carved cherry heart inside. The heart is captured by 2 mahagony finials and has a yellow heart arrow captured in the heart that can move and rotate. This was fun to make. The arrow tip is carved and lightly textured with a woodburner and the feathers were burned also.

Attachments

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
Nice John, not my sort of thing with the heart and arrow, would have maybe done the finial a bit finer but thats me but well turned.
Not done any inside out, same sort of thing in making parts for furniture or near as. I was toying with the idea of inside out some time back i was given one of those galileo thermometer and wanted to do something a little different with it, im still toying. You got much on for christmas...LB..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LB I usually make the finials longer and somewhat thinner although this one is quite thin at the skinniest part. People always look at them and ask 'will that break" and I say yea it's a christmas ornament.
I don't know what I'm doing for Christmas yet. I'm getting further and further behind on all the projects that need to get done. so I might just spend a few days with the family and come back here to work in the shop for 4 or 5 days. I need personal work time. I'm headed to Atlanta Ga for Thanksgiving but coming back early so I can spend one day in the shop.

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
I have a friend out there john, he lives next door to me his son moved out there about 6yrs back works for bike company, and had a baby last feb, he might be back next yr, having to look after his place for him while he visits his son and familiy. Okay for some. Break yer, i had some breakage yesterday, made a wirley wig windmill for the top of the workshop for fun, also had the n.e.s.w. letters under the blades, a little to near, found them on the floor next day, the wife had to go indoors and hide herself laughing. must be my age. LB..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts