Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I am a Custom Cue maker. I am ALWAYS looking for exotic wood. I also do CNC, G Codes etc. I will try to bring a link up, click on pic

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Welcome Tom. I don't think we have any cue makers (?), sounds interesting. Check out our gallery, you can put pictures in there too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Tom.
Welcome to our forum glad to have you, I don't anyone that makes cues that sounds very insteresting can you tell us more about your work.

Bruce.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruce, basicly a love of the game thing. One of my best friends that taught me much of what I know commands over 10K per cue. I am semi retired so I make when I want. I use a lot of Birdseye Maple, Ebony, Tulip Wood, Thaya Burl, Cocabola.
The cue butt itself as far as wood consists of a forearm, handle and butt sleeve. It is cut 29 1/2 inches long and tapers from .835 to 1.236

Points in the forearm are cut 91 degrees in 4, 6 or 8 points. Veeners are put in and then other woods and turned round again. As I get older I am starting to consider doing more Butterfly points. The sanded finish has a UV Aliphatic Urethane car finish which is sanded and buffed to a high gloss.

·
Pianoman
708 Posts
Nice work Tom, And how many computer lspinners do you have? I have a friend in Columbus In. who has a really nice cue making shop. I make cue stick cases.... not that many , but I sell a few. The last one I made held two butts and four shafts. I`ll try to get some pictures up as soon as I learn how to communicate with this PC. Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts