Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is it time to say"O.K....I'm done."???
I have a table saw and a drill press in my living room and nowhere to use 'em.:thumbdown:

Do you find yourselves going tool shopping and end up with stuff that you haven't used in YEARS???

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Vancouver...$250.000 won't even get you a one bedroom out here!!! Thank you 2010 Olympics.:thumbdown:

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
AH, Vancouver explains the view you show of mountains in the background. My wife loved the area when she visited a few years ago.

johnep

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AH, Vancouver explains the view you show of mountains in the background. My wife loved the area when she visited a few years ago.

johnep
My wife is from the Ottawa valley....she refers to them as "THE BUMPS"!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used to have a full woodworking shop 4 years ago, but had to move to a smaller house to be able to afford our little suprise...

I had to sell off all my stationary power tools because I didn't have the room and even if I did, they make too much noise so it would wake the baby whenever I used it.

I am now in the process of re-evaluating my wood working tools so I will be able to build what I want using nothing but a small portion of a 1 car garage and hand held power tools.

Using a good saw guide and taking your time, you can do almost anything with hand held power tools as you do with the big stationary tools. "Just takes longer, and more care is involved"

Mike

·
Registered
569 Posts
I love my tools. I'm an
electrician. I work on my own vehicles, and I'm starting to get back into woodworking. I have lots of tools for all three. If I see something on sale I grab it hoping I'll use it some day. I have a Dewalt 12" chop saw that I bought 2 years ago to do the trim in a friend kitchen. I've used it maybe five times since then. I got another friend to buy me a table saw for helping with the elec in his new adition, I've had it 8 months and just started using it. Women collect shoes, and purses and lots of other junk. I collect tools.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts