Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The oval board was a reproduction of an old board from the 40's/50's that a co-worker played on as a kid that his dad had. I've made a couple of them since. Took a photocopy of the original board and created a jig.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do ya make your jigs for the holes out of ? ? ? ?

Those are some darn nice boards....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I used a piece of hardboard for the oval board. The other boards I used a jig I bought at Rockler. It is made of acrylic. However, they'd be pretty easy to make if you can make your own design.

I also have a chinese checkers jig. Love doing those. They are pretty quick, easy, and fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Great looking boards. Just started making some cribbage boards myself, nothing quite as fancy but I do have a ?.Did you make peg storage in the bottom and if so what did you use for the slotted bit? I'm having a hard time finding the right size. I used a 1/2 inch straight bit to gauge out the hole but now I need something slotted so I can cover it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Very nice !!!

Very nice boards there.

I am working up jigs for dominoes. I have a few Hondura's Mahogony drops that will make great bones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.