Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Half a bubble off.. {Θ¿Θ}
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Craftsman TS an there seems to be some movement in the blade angle.
If I grab the motor I can rock it back & forth a bit & see the blade move to some degree.
I have NOT up-ended the saw yet but it seems there's something loose or severely worn.
I want to try some "tumbling block" designs and need the solid 30 degrees to stay where I put it.
Any ideas on where to start looking at the issues??

Thanks.
..Jon..

·
where's my table saw?
28,561 Posts
the blade should not move

The trunnions are secured by either 4 or 6 bolt that screw into the bottom of the table. They should be snug. If you can still move the whole trunnion assembly when the bolts are snugged up, then the blade arbor/trunnion tilt lock is not tight. If the tiilt lock is tight and it still moves when you rack the motor left to right, then the carriage is loose in the trunnions and you need to release the table bolts, lock the tilt knob and retighten the bolts. You should align the blade parallel to the miter slots if it is not already aligned. :yes:

These are the bolts at the top of the photo:

·
Half a bubble off.. {Θ¿Θ}
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx wood.. I guess I've gotta up end the darned thing & dig in.. Good time as any for a thorough clean-up & dry lube the quadrants.
Somehow I knew this wasn't gonna be easy or simple.
..Jon..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
it's not that hard. the 113 series c-man was a durable and simple saw. once the fence and wings are off, upending the saw will show just how few moving parts the undercarriage has. and the trunions are each supported by 3 bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts