Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a used craftsman tablesaw model number 113.298840. I had to adjust the trunion because my blade was not parallel to the miter guage. After I did that the belt was very loose on the pulleys. I bought a new belt and adjusted the motor according to the manual. I tested it by pinching the belt and the motor moves freely. But now the belt has a pretty bad wobble. The blade isn't wobbling from what I can tell. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of taking off the pulleys and seeing if those look bad and maybe cleaning the shafts. Thank you in advance!

·
where's my table saw?
29,921 Posts
No, leave the pulleys on so you can rotate them and observe if they are the cause of the wobble.
A belt won't wobble unless the pulleys are bent or not seated on the shaft properly.
A belt that has been wrapped in a circle for a long time will take a set, so that may be the cause?
A link belt is the least likely to vibrate or wobble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, leave the pulleys on so you can rotate them and observe if they are the cause of the wobble.
A belt won't wobble unless the pulleys are bent or not seated on the shaft properly.
A belt that has been wrapped in a circle for a long time will take a set, so that may be the cause?
A link belt is the least likely to vibrate or wobble.
Hi, thank you! It's a new belt that's on there, same 4L420 V belt that it came with. I'll take that belt off and look at the pulleys. I'll also buy a link belt and try that out. I appreciate the response.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good luck
The few I have worked on it’s easy to move in the tablesaw the aluminum pulley to get bent / damaged. That is a common one that Emerson used. …about $8.00 for the same one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts