Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started messing around with my contractor saw over the weekend. Getting ready to fix it all up and build a nice surround for it. Its a 113.299040. I need to find a splitter assembly or at least some parts to a splitter assembly. I found the lower bracket on Ebay but I havnt ordered it yet. Im also not concerned with the splitter itself since I use thin kerf blades, I assume Ill have to have that part made so its a tad thinner. Then again, I have no clue how thick the orginal would have been. Anyhow, anyone have one of these assemblies lyeing around that they arnt going to use? Id love to buy or trade for the parts if you have em.:thumbsup:

The parts circled in the pic is specifically what I need but Id take a whole assembly if I could find one.

Also, I started searching around for a Delta T2 fence. I dont need it till I get closer to completion but no one even has any in stock. Anyone know whats up with that? Did Delta discontinue it? Its still listed on thier product page.

Attachments

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
knotscott to the rescue!!! Thanks a whole bunch!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am wondering how you are going to use the splitter part. I have a '70's vintage C-man saw and would like to use the splitter part also. Post up some pics of the parts you are going to use and how you attach the whole thing using a zero clearance insert.

George

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This saw probably wont be complete for a few months so itll be awhile getting pics. I still have some parts to gather and the saw will be torn completely down and cleaned up and reassembled. Then its getting a surrouns/saw station cabinet thingy built around it.

I guess I dont understand your question. I plan to use the splitter the way it was intended to be used. It attaches at the back of the saw and comes over the top of the table and sits behind the blade. It wont raise up and down like a riving knife so its useless for non through cuts but those are rare in my shop. I may have to have the splitter plate itself machined or a new one made to work with thin kerf blades but Ill cross that bridge at a later time. Ill use the entire assembly you see pictured above. The plastic gaurd will probably get little use but the rest will always be on there. This has no affect on a zero clearance throuat plate because it mounts to the back of the saw.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same saw and replaced the C-man splitter and guard with a Shark Guard sized for a thin kerf blade. The Shark Guard has three different size splitters, two of which can have the guard attached. The third splitter is low profile and used for non-thru cuts. Dust collection with the guard attached is much improved over the C-man guard and splitter.

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the advantages over the stock assembly other than dust collection? That system is over $200 and still requires me to have the parts I originally asked about.

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I made numerous non through cuts, I could probably justify that cost but those types of cuts are rare in my work.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the same saw and replaced the C-man splitter and guard with a Shark Guard sized for a thin kerf blade. The Shark Guard has three different size splitters, two of which can have the guard attached. The third splitter is low profile and used for non-thru cuts. Dust collection with the guard attached is much improved over the C-man guard and splitter.
Those Shark-Guards can be kind of expensive, can't they?

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup. Four times what I paid for the saw! Its a nice piece, just not for me. The stock splitter will serve me well and Scott is hooking me up with a great deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts