Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I've been looking at a craftsman 1.5 hp 10 table saw plus multiple blades and a delta 22-560 12.5 planer and was wondering if anybody knows the pros and cons and if 150.00 each is a good price. The table saw comes with a fence if you can see it bottom right side guy said it cost 100.00 +. The saw doesn't come with the grinder mounted to the top. He's also got a delta bandsaw 28-195 for 100.00.

Thanks

·
where's my table saw?
31,266 Posts
The saw and fence is a steal!

That's a Delta Unifence, now extinct, and worth $300.00 easy. I have several and they are great. The saw is in good shape and the fence is usually the first upgrade needed...NOT. :no: I can't speak to the planer. The bandsaw is OK for hobby use, and limited woodworking. I'd pass on it get a bigger, badder one, 14" minimum for serious woodworkin'.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about these for 50.00 each
The first one is a hand planer then a plate joiner and the bottom is a sander. All of this stuff is like new. I don't think the delta planer has every been used.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If It was me I would buy the Table saw- the planer- must be pretty new or there would be scratches on in-table and the sander-offer 275-300 for the 3 of them.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
No on the hand planer and plate jointer.....not real useful for most woodworking, and other ways to complete the same tasks. The oscillating sanders priced right, but only if you plan on doing things with curves. I rarely do so it would be of little use to me, but others would likely find it immensely useful.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
+1 on scotts observations. the TS is a deal, the planer would be fairer, IMHO at somewhere between $100 and $125. if that delta BS is one of the plastic bodied ones, it's not worth $100. i got one a couple years back for $20. not a bad second BS for small items and curves, but the wheels need balancing. IMHO, the ryobi OSS is a good deal @ $50. offer less for each. you can always pay what he;'s asking if he says no.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.