Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A retired buddy bought me a saw at auction. He said it has steel wings and maybe a 1/2 or 3/4 horse motor. He said its a 10 inch. I don't think he knows what the heck he bought me! Only $25 . I will pick it up tomarrow night late. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me,hope it's not direct drive.:thumbdown:
But I fear it must be.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out and looked at the hand wheel situation. If anybody has one please let me know. It's a black plastic type. The shaft is buggered pretty bad from the vise grips. I would like to bring it back to life,needs some love.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
That's worth $25x4....good job on your buddy's part. I've got some extra plastic handles if you think you can make them work with the buggered shaft....$5 plus s/h.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Went out and looked at the hand wheel situation. If anybody has one please let me know. It's a black plastic type. The shaft is buggered pretty bad from the vise grips. I would like to bring it back to life,needs some love.
Grizzly also sells both plastic and metal wheels (if Scott's doesn't work).

·
Registered
395 Posts
GET THAT SAW !!! ... You can totally clean it up and get a lot of years of good use out of it
(provided the motor still runs as it should and the blade mechanisms function as they should).

For $25, even a little additional work getting it cleaned up and in ship-shape would be totally worth it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Grizzly also sells both plastic and metal wheels (if Scott's doesn't work).
This is true ... In fact, I saw a posting on Lumberjocks where someone replaced the crank handle with a wheel they got from Grizzly. I will try to find the posting an link it up here.

EDIT/UPDATE:
Here is the link to which I was referring --> http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/945

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I turned it on. Between the rollerskate wheels and bent blade it sucked. I'm tossing the china blade in the trash. Last owner was a hack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts