Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this saw that is on a stand and it's an older Craftsman. I took a picture of it. Can someone tell me what it is and how much I could sell it for. My husband passed away and I have a garage full of woodworking machinery that I am selling for half off the retail price. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
So sorry for your loss. That saw is called a radial arm saw (RAS). I'm not an expert in pricing but I think, if it is In good condition, the asking price should be about $100. The price will depend on any accessories (like blades) that go with it. If the stand is the original metal cabinet stand rather than the 4 legged one, you can probably add some $.

·
That Guy
271 Posts
I bought one like that from a guy in Oregon last year for $200 but it was the newer/larger 12"/220V model. I think $100 on craigslist would be fair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So sorry for your loss. That saw is called a radial arm saw (RAS). I'm not an expert in pricing but I think, if it is In good condition, the asking price should be about $100. They price will depend on any accessories (like blades) that go with it. If the stand is the original metal cabinet stand rather than the 4 legged one, you can probably add some $.
I'm in Tracy, Calif. Thank you so much. I have another item I have no idea what it is.bvits a type of Sandee. I will take pic of and post again. Thank you again

·
Interested Observer
1,051 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Without clear images of what you have, where the tools are in the country, and a clear idea of the condition it would b impossible to give an idea or estimate as to value. I expect that RAS would sell for $50-$100 and it might take a long time to sell it. There is a safety recall on Craftsman RAS.

Here is a link to the recall.

link

·
where's my table saw?
28,158 Posts
Go to Craig's List in your area and look for power tools, or garage sales. Type in radial arm saw and see what others are asking for them. That's a clue as to value. I love all 4 of mine, one 10" and 3 of the 12"..... I paid from $50.00 to $175.00.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
look up Emerson radial arm recall.
They will give you $50 for it. They will send a free shipping box for the motor. its easy to remove.
Thats if you can't sell it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts