Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres no saw model number just the motor model # its KS48CZ-169. anyway after about 3 cuts thru 5/4 x 4 pine the overheat thing trips. could it be worn out? the motor is a little warm but no more than normal id suppose. its plugged directly into the wall not a drop cord. any ideas? also the saws model # is nowhere to be found onn the saw.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Old House? (Wiring)

Aluminum wiring problem in a late 1960s to mid 1970s house?

Trying to run the saw on a 15 Ampere (14 gauge) circuit?

Dull blade?

Blade with no set?

Incorrect blade for task?

Too many teeth on the blade?

RAS power cord issues? (Replaced too small gauge? Broken wire strands at switch connection, broken wire strands at plug?)

Starting switch (Centrifugal) not dropping out?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'd check the brushes....a pic of the saw may help someone identify the model (or get very close).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have you blown out the motor? One of the craftsman RAS that I had was doing the same thing until I blew out the motor with compressed air. Although it didn't look like much from the outside, there was a considerable amount of buildup inside the unit.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I was under the impression that most RAS's were induction motor equipped, including the Craftsman. The one in the diagram does have brushes, though. Woodnthings will chip in on this. He knows a lot about the Craftsman RAS's.

I agree with what most of the guys above say to check. Make sure you have a good electrical supply (no extension cords) and a sharp blade.

Bill

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
saw is fixed for now. blew the indises of the motor out with air. the shop was build in 08. the wiring is 12/2 on a 20amp breaker 110volts. brand new blade. i think im gonna put on a new cord. this one looks rough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts