Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Craftsman 6" Planer/Molder model 306.233820 and I have to sell it, I don't want to but have to, and I was wounding what would be a good asking price for it. It works great, the knives are sharp. Its been cleaned up, it comes with a stand and a extra wide deck for planning longer boards.

Audio equipment Electronic instrument Wood Gas Cable
Gas Cable Electrical wiring Gadget Wire
Wood Table Gas Auto part Flooring

·
Smart and Cool
2,682 Posts
Hi

I have a Craftsman 6" Planer/Molder model 306.233820 and I have to sell it, I don't want to but have to, and I was wounding what would be a good asking price for it. It works great, the knives are sharp. Its been cleaned up, it comes with a stand and a extra wide deck for planning longer boards.

View attachment 444842 View attachment 444843 View attachment 444844
It's kind of the odd duck in the Cman line up. I actually picked one of those up years ago, could never get it to run right. Unfortunately it is limited capacity as a Planer, and doesn't have much power as a molder and limited profiles are likely available unless you have some knives. Couple that with the number of 12"-13" lunch box planers out there for cheap and it doesn't lead you to much value for this machine. Unless you find that one person that has one of these and really wants another for spare parts. All of that to say $100 is likely a stretch on this, but you never know until you try.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I was thinking around 75-80, I wish I didn't have to sell it but all of my bigger power tools have to go. Luckily I'm good at fixing tools, so when I do get a bigger place again I'll be able to get back up and going again in no time.

·
Premium Member
Cabinetmaker
152 Posts
Try selling it on ebay. Like "shoot summ" just said, there's folks out there who may be just looking for parts -- or who are looking for a basic used planer/molder. You can put a price on it for maybe $100 (Buy Now) or sell it with highest bid. You must also consider to include shipping costs, added to your price. I'd sell it "as is", no returns. You would also have to visit ebay's site to find out how shipping fees are calculated for different locations. May sound like a hassle, but it may solve your problem.

Or, put an ad in a local paper with "as-is, no returns and pickup only". I'd also check with your local lumber yard, to see if any of their clients may be in the market for a similar item.

- Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts