Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a used Craftsman 15 inch lathe, 351.217170, that has the transmission deal and no belts.
The noise from the bearings caused me to replace them. When I did and reconnected everything and powered it back on it started a continuous beep and then shut down, except for the fan. I noticed the drive shaft was running in reverse so I swapped the power connections. Powered it on and same issue.

So, if any of you out there might be able to help it would be a huge help. I had an even older craftsman with the tube that the tailstock slid on but the driveshaft or pulley wobbled so I found this newer one. Buying a new one is not an option just due to budget and all. If I can fix this one it would be great, if not maybe I could sell both of them, the old one works and I think the wobble came from the way the pulley connects to driveshaft that can be correct. And yes, I could just use that one but I would really like to have a bigger lathe that can swing out to make a bigger bowl.

Any suggestions would be a huge help and much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.