Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
31,243 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have that one and like it so far; I've had it since January, and enjoyed it even more once I got rid of the stock blade.

The manual is exactly the same as the Rikon, down to the same photos. In fact, the Rikon PDF is easier to read as the Sears manual is a little dark. If you get the Rikon fence for it, you may need to shim it some, as the Rikon must have a slightly thicker table. Other than that it works great!

·
Banned
16 Posts
Sears has their 14 in. bandsaw on sale for 399. It is any good? I heard it's the same as the 14in. Recon, is that true?:huh:
Short answer is yes, and yes. I just bought one a few weeks ago after researching options. I could find no difference with the Rikon verson. Looked also at other options including, grizzly, even powermatic low-end for contrast; and for the price/quality point I concluded you can't beat it.

Its a good saw. If I could change any one thing about it it would be adding a quick tension release for changing blades; otherwise what a value!

Watch the Alex Snodgrass video on setting up a bandsaw and do what he says! I did and it cuts and resaws amazing. Bought the carter magfence II and works like a charm--perfect cuts down to veneer.

The table size and dust collection are wonderful. Also, go to Rikon site and download the lower wheel adjustment directions. You should not need to touch it, but if you do you'll have it. I tweaked it to reduce some blade wobble.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sears has their 14 in. bandsaw on sale for 399. It is any good? I heard it's the same as the 14in. Recon, is that true?:huh:
I bought the saw and then sears runs price down to 379. called sears and got them to adjust price. I got saw, mobile base magnetic fence and 1/2 in. resaw blade. Be sure you can follow directions before assembly! (I have issues in that area). I love the saw. I took a old piece of veneered board a sliced 1/2 veneer off it and STILL had a veneered board! That's thin my friend.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.